Sunday, November 2, 2014

Stating a November Challenge.

138.6

So, I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm not doing anything spectacularly different, but I'm going to sort of challenge myself this month. I want to try this new technique, and record my progress on a monthly basis. That being said, I'm going to post my body and weight related stats at the end of this post and the end of every post as close to the first of the month as I can. I was also thinking about doing pictures, but I didn't have time to do those this morning, so I'll probably take some tomorrow and edit this post. We'll see, I guess.

So, to start, I'm trying out this strategy I found a while ago. I applied it to my life at the end of last year, and it worked out pretty well. It's called Intermittent Fasting. It's a newer study that has been researched and has always seemed pretty interesting to me. This link has a nice documentary about the subject where a British man explores the research and tries it out for himself. I really love BBC shows about weight and diets... they're really inspirational and just interesting. I'm going to Fast every Sunday and restrict my portion size during the rest of the week so I don't suffer from the hunger pangs as bad. I'm in the middle of my first Sunday Fast, and it's not too bad so far. The nice thing about working a full shift in the morning is that despite being surrounded by delicious pastries and syrup ridden drinks I'm too busy running around working to even think about eating and it's easier to ignore hunger pangs when they do come.

The second thing I'm going to try doing is drink far more coffee. This seems weird, but I found out that because I work at Starbucks, I can't help but be on a caffeine kick for my 8 hr shifts every weekend due to all the ground espresso and aroma filling the air whether I drink it or not. I can't not be addicted, so during the week when I try to not drink coffee I end up being really tired and get lots of headaches. This combined with working late into the night on various projects for school means my body is constantly looking for high-sugar and high-fat foods to get quick energy. So, I'm going to drink more coffee. I hear it's a good appetite suppressant, so that works in my favor as well.

I'm also using my rubber band again! Keep me from thinking about those horrible sugary treats that I love so much.

So, that's that. I'm ready to get started and see how effectively I can change my lifestyle for the better! I'd like to see a nice difference by the time summer comes around. I have lots of plans and I want to be fit and ready to take on the world!

What kind of plans do you have for November?

Stay Strong!

Age: 26
Height: 5'7"

HW: 174 lb
LW: 138 lb
GW1: 130 lb
GW2: 120 lb

UGW: 115~118 lb

Breasts: 36 in
Waist: 28.5 in
Hips: 37 in
Arms: 10 in
Thighs: 23 in

BMI: 21.92
BMR: 1456.7
Bodyfat %: 25.85

No comments:

Post a Comment