Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Faultering and New Favorite Recipe

W: 149.0

Lol, yeah... Since Acen about a week ago I've let myself go a bit. Eating too much and I haven't gone to the gym in more than two weeks (I went running one day last week, but I'm not sure it counts..) I don't think it helps that I actively decided to have a binge day last week as a means to hopefully clear my head so I can actually finish my late homework assignments to get at least some credit, and I haven't recovered. It's the end of the Spring quarter and as always it's hard to believe I'm still in school when everyone else is already out! The end is so close I can almost taste it! I'm so ready for summer break..

Btw, although I didn't get a rejection letter, I'm pretty sure the Internship fell through. I checked through my emails and realized I never received a confirmation letter for my online application... oops. Well, that's okay. Now, I get to go to the mountains and chill with family for a week, go to Six Flags, the Ren Fair, etc, etc, etc. Yay! Speaking of, I'm thinking of making yet another Ren Fair dress. This time, I want it to be super simple, easy-breezy, and comfortable! But, also to go with my new corset. <3

Oh, Right! I got an actual Steel Boned Corset at Acen that I'll be using for waist training. I'm not going super extreme like some ladies, but a little cinching would be nice, I think. If nothing else, it looks super hot over clothes, lol. I'll have to wait til next week to start training, though. TOM just decided to visit (finally), and now I'm all bloated and can't even get it closed, lol, rats! I mean, I know it fits. The guy put it on me at Acen while I was still wearing my Lolita dress, and I tried it on again last week. So I know I can get into it. I'm just super bloated.

So, my eating plan for the day, and hopefully for the rest of the week and/or life, is pretty simple.
Breakfast: 2 eggs and 1/4 a cup of oatmeal
Snack: Half a yellow bell pepper
Lunch: 4 celery stalks, 1 carrot, and 2 cups of Spinach.
Snack: undecided... maybe nothing.
Dinner: Cheap and quick, homemade vegetable soup! (with Recipe!)

I'm kind of excited to share this recipe, it has saved my life a number of times and will definitely be my dinner of choice when I move out again.

It's really simple, all you need are two ingredients!
1 1/2 cups of Organic Vegetable or Chicken stock - 38cal
1 1/2 cups of a frozen vegetable blend  - 38 ~ 60cal

How to Prepare: In a medium sauce pan, bring the stock to a boil. Add frozen vegetables and bring to a boil for about 2~3 minutes. Pour in serving bowl and let sit for about 1 minute. Enjoy! And don't burn yourself!

I prefer the low sodium stocks and I tend to use either Kirkland's Normandy-Style Vegetable Blend which is about 40cal per cup or Bird's Eye Normandy Blend Fresh Frozen Deluxe Vegetables which is 25cal per cup. I mean, super low calorie and it's really filling. Well, it fills me up anyways. Sometimes it's too much and I end up leaving some. Anywho, give it a try if you're interested. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I love simple soup recipes. I used to boil up a heap of random veggies and purée it, so it was a thick soup. One I really love is plain old cauliflower puréed with bacon stock (it's a killer for sodium, but so yummy and low cal)!

    I used to waist train and sew my own steel-boned historical corsets before my ED (historical reproduction/costuming is my passion). I had a 32" waist and could cinch in to 24" at my best. I haven't worn one in years though; my waist is now 21" naturally and I don't know if my body could handle an 8" cinch, lol.

    xxBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I love califlower, maybe I'll give that a shot. I've thought about pureeing cooked vegetables to make a bisque, but the idea of putting hot food in a blender is so bizarre to me, lol. I should try it anyways. Thanks!

      Wow! That's a big cinch, lol! The corset I got is only suppose cinch 4-5 inches. I'm actually aiming more for shaping my ribs than taking in my waist that much. Not a lot, just a bit, you know?

      Delete